NuCypher Release Notes¶
v0.1.0-alpha.0 (Genesis Release)¶
- In the beginning cryptography created the ciphertext and the plaintext.
- And the ciphertext was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the secret (symmetric) key. And then the spirit of asymmetric crypto moved upon the face of the interwebs.
- And cryptographers said, Let there be encapsulation: and there was encapsulation.
- And they saw the light, that it was good: and divided the symmetric ciphertext from the encapsulated key.
- And they called the symmetric ciphertext “bulk data”, and the encapsulated key the “Capsule”. And the encryption and the decryption were the first secure message.
- And they said, Let there be a re-encryption node in the midst of the interwebs, and let it divide the Bobs from the Bobs.
- And they made the re-encryption protocol, and divided the Bobs which were authorized under the Policy from the Bobs which were not authorized: and it was so.
- And they called the re-encryption nodes Ursula. And the re-encryption and the decryption were the second secure message.
- And they said, Let the ciphertext fragments under the interwebs be gathered together unto one place, and let the Capsule appear: and it was so.
- And they called the total number of fragments
n, and the number that Bob needed to reassamble
m: and they saw that it was good.
- And they said, Let the interwebs bring forth a Character, Alice, who yields the Policy, and a Character, Enrico, who yields the encrypted message after his kind, whose symmetric key is in itself, and let the Ursulas that are participating in the Policy be listed in a TreasureMap, upon the interwebs: and it was so.
- And the earth brought forth Alice, and Enrico, and Ursula, and Bob: and the decentralized dapp developer community saw that it was good.
- And the complete access management flow was the third secure message.
- And they said, Let there be a coherent metaphor and API in the cryptology of the interwebs, and let Policies expire at a specific datetime or upon revocation, and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
- And let them be for decentralized re-encryption tooling in the cryptography of the interwebs to give privacy upon the blockchain: and it was so.